St. Louis… tED magazine, the official publication of the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED), announced this year’s “30 Under 35.” The list highlights the best and brightest young members within the electrical distribution industry. Winners’ professional roles range from project planners and warehouse managers to executives and specialists.
“These talented people are the rising stars within our industry,” said Misty Byers, editor of tED magazine. “They are the industry’s future. Through their accomplishments, these professionals have demonstrated that they have the skills to lead.”
Enthusiasm for the competition, which is open to professionals in the electrical industry 34 years of age or younger at the time of nomination, has grown over the past eight years. Nominees are submitted by mentors, managers, and other industry leaders working in the electrical distribution, manufacturing, and related technology and service organizations. Submissions are judged on traits such as dedication, innovation, leadership and people skills, commitment to training, personal integrity, and work-life balance.
The tED magazine “30 Under 35” for 2019 are:
- Chuck Anderson, 29, Account Manager, Border States Electric, Brooklyn Park, Minn.
- Cassie Bruns, 32, Sales & Services Project Specialist, Border States Electric, Brooklyn Park, Minn.
- Katie Connors, 25, Project Manager—Strategic Projects, Capital Electric, Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Michael Cummins, 25, Project Manager, Irby, Fort Worth, Texas
- Sean Ellis, 34, Program Manager—Automation & Control, B&K Electric Wholesale, City of Industry, Calif.
- Ryan Evans, 34, Branch Manager, Interstate Electrical Supply, LaGrange, Ga.
- Jordan Harris, 26, Senior HR Business Partner, Irby, Jackson, Miss.
- Thomas Hartland-Mackie, 29, President and CEO, City Electric Supply, Dallas, Texas
- Eric Hysong, 31, Counter/Inside Sales Rep, Capital Electric, Richmond, Va.
- Garrett James, 27, Branch Manager, Rexel, Fort Worth, Texas
- Jessica Kelner, 29, Benefits and Compensation Specialist, Dakota Supply Group, Fargo, N.D.
- Ryan Kindle, 34, Outside Sales/Account Manager, Becker Sales, Chicago, Ill.
- Doug Knebelsberger, 31, Vice President of Marketing, Light Efficient Design, Cary, Ill.
- Juliana Kostrinsky, 30, Director, Pricing Strategy and Analytics, WESCO, Ajax, Ontario, Canada
- Brad Lueck, 33, District Manager—BC Interior, WESCO, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
- Benjamin Lutz, 32, Project Sales Specialist, Viking Electric, Madison, Wis.
- Brian Maly, 26, Project Manager—Lighting, Viking Electric, Minneapolis
- Lesley Matt, 34, Vice President of Marketing and Products, TCP, Aurora, Ohio
- Tyler Matthews, 33, Branch Manager, Stanion Wholesale Electric, Manhattan, Kan.
- Thomas McShane, 28, Chief Marketing Officer, City Electric Supply, Dallas, Texas
- Devin Miller, 28, Warehouse Manager, Springfield Electric Supply, East Peoria, Ill.
- Sahir Molu, 29, COO, GreenTek Energy Systems, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Cory Morris, 32, Automation Manager—Atlantic Canada, Graybar Canada, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Jeff Pigg, 31, Vice President of Operations, Shat-R-Shield, Salisbury, N.C.
- Naim Shamsid-Deen, 29, Branch Operations Supervisor, Border States Electric, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Meghan Simmons, 27, Marketing and Program Channel Specialist, Hubbell Lighting, Greenville, S.C.
- Kevin Swan, 30, Vice President of Operations, Active Electrical Supply, Chicago, Ill.
- Harrison Taylor, 29, Outside Sales, Southern California Illumination, Del Mar, Calif.
- Andrew Verderber, 27, Energy Specialist, Springfield Electric Supply, Springfield, Ill.
- Ashlea Wolf, 31, Project Manager, Border States Electric, Phoenix, Arizona
Winners will receive their awards at the NAED Leadership Enhanced and Development (LEAD) Conference on July 17-19 in Nashville, Tenn. Registration for the event is now open.
The NAED LEAD Conference helps companies retain top employees by giving them the tools for future success. During the event, attendees will develop management skills, learn about supply chain best practices, and hear from leadership experts about successful strategies.
NAED is the trade association for the $70+ billion electrical distribution industry. Through networking, education, research, and benchmarking, NAED helps electrical distributors increase profitability and improve the channel. NAED’s membership operates in approximately 5,100 locations internationally.